The Youth ambassadors will play a key role in being the face of Wefarm in the field and supporting the biggest number of farmers possible to join and use Wefarm. They will spend a lot of time in farming communities introducing Wefarm to farmers and educating them on benefits of joining the network.
The role will also participate in Wefarm’s farmer facing field initiatives to ensure farmers are excited to engage with the service.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Actively sign up farmers in their locality with minimum daily target of 35 farmers
- Keenly explaining to farmers in rural areas of Tanzania about Wefarm services and ensuring that every farmer they sign up is actively engaged in using these services
- Passing on any problems and issues to the Dar es salaam office once they arise
- Support Wefarm field and Marketing Staff with the field activities
- Gathering farmer feedback and passing them on to Wefarm
- Minimum of Higher Level Secondary education. A diploma in an agricultural field is an added advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of the locals and farming trends in the
- communities in a given area
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Marketing skills
- Resilient and attention to detail
- Experience of working directly with small-scale farmers and the farming communities will be an added advantage
To apply, please send your CV, a short cover letter, and answer the following question (to answer in application form, next page).
“You have been recruited as a Wefarm Youth ambassador. Describe the strategy you will use to reach 200 farmers every week.”
Please note that this role requires candidates that are based in Iringa region.