Senior Product Manager
Wefarm is the world’s largest platform connecting the small-scale farming community. Millions of farmers, retailers, and brands come together on Wefarm to grow their businesses.
Small-scale farming is one of the largest and most important industries in the world, with over one billion people globally involved in it. We’re working towards connecting this community so small-scale farmers can gain a better position in global agricultural supply chains. Some of the world’s leading VCs are backing us on this mission, including True Ventures in Silicon Valley.
Since our launch in 2015, we’ve grown to serve over two million farmers across Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania. Our platform has facilitated the (free) exchange of over 18 million messages to share knowledge, generated over $5 million in marketplace sales, and sold nearly half a million products.
So far, we’ve partnered with 100+ brands to give our members fair prices on the quality products they are looking for.
Our next milestone is to have 100 million farmers benefiting from Wefarm. Join us and be part of our mission to build an ecosystem for global agriculture, with the farmer at the centre.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to lead our Marketplace product development, including how Marketplace interacts with our new digital community platform. This is an opportunity to get involved from the beginning in shaping the buying experience that a user has both on and off our digital platform. You’ll focus on the key drivers of conversion to purchase, determining priorities across the whole purchase funnel, including the user experience in store at our partner retailers. You’ll be a key part of a cross-functional squad, driving a test and learn approach to product development in order to make the biggest impact on repeat buying with Wefarm.
Outcome 1: Lead the product discovery process for the buying experience on our digital platform
- Work with our user research and sales team members to understand the needs of our farmers and retailer partners
- Lead the development of the user value proposition for buying our digital platform, including how our digital community improves the buying experience for our users
- Work with the squad to test hypotheses and user flows that optimise conversion to purchase
- Iterate and improve upon the buying experience based on insights from key metrics
Outcome 2: Ensure the squad is aligned with company goals around Marketplace
- Facilitate the alignment of squad OKRs with company OKRs
- Ensure that the squad understands both user and business needs and is focused on solving the most impactful problems for users that drive business value
- Empower the team to make decisions, reducing blockers and information gaps
- Understand the operational impact of product prioritisation decisions and align with the commercial and operational teams to ensure we can support our users and retail partners
You should apply if you
- Excel at understanding user behaviour and translating that into product functionality that meets key user needs
- Are an advocate of a iterative test and learn approach to product development, building the product together with our users
- Have a data-driven mindset, with demonstrated success in launching product features that improve key metrics
- Communicate effectively, bringing excitement and alignment across the business around product development plans and priorities
- Have a collaborative approach to working with development teams and empower all team members to contribute to determining the right things to build
- Are comfortable with ambiguity, knowing when we have “enough” data and insights to make decisions
- Are comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and uncertainty
- Bring a positive energy to your team and a passion for working on things that improve people’s lives
- Have experience with ecommerce business models and optimising conversion; bonus if experience with digital marketplaces
- Like to drive the highest impact areas to work on, collaborating with your product squad and key stakeholders to ensure there's alignment
- Your decisions focus on what is right, not who is right
- Comfortable with ambiguity, have speed as a habit and comfortable with rapid change
- You are aligned with Wefarm's culture and values